Industrial & Logistics Summit
27th November 2018
08:30 Registration and networking
09:25 Chair’s opening remarks
09:30 Market Overview – What’s happening in the industrial sector?
Kevin Mofid, Director, Commercial Research, Savills
09:50 Industrial & logistics – let’s get involved
- The stats – why are investors interested in the industrial sector?
- What are long term plans?
- Is there an end in sight?
Chris Jeffs, Director - Investment Management, M&G Real Estate
John Clements, European Development Director, Verdion
Richard Moffitt, Chief Executive, Urban Logistics REIT
David Binks, Head of Leasing, St Modwen Properties
Moderator: Paul Burke, Partner, Maples Teesdale
11:00 London - Light industrial is the place to be
- What’s changed for investors?
- Residential vs industrial – who wins?
- Implications for city planning
Cameron Fraser, Director, Marchmont Investment Management
Darryl Chen, Partner & Urban Designer, Hawkins\Brown
Len Rosso, Head of Industrial & Logistics, Colliers
Dave Lawrence, Partner, CAG Consultants
Melissa Meyer, Associate, We Made That
Moderator: Chen Ikeogu, Real Estate Finance Partner, Maples Teesdale
11:40 Is there enough land in London?
- Availability of land for industrial development
- How to optimise the use of sites to meet needs
Jonathan Best, Head of Industrial and Planning Partner, Montagu Evans
Martin Meech, Group Property Director & CEO, Travis Perkins Group Plc & Travis Perkins Properties Ltd
Gareth Osborn, Business Unit Director, Segro
Tim Cutts, Senior Regeneration Manager, London Borough of Southwark
12:30 Protecting your building assets
- Building Regulations and Fire Safety – Where are we now?
- Property protection and life protection through fire protection
- Holistic approach to protection and business resilience
Iain Cox, Chair, Business Sprinkler Alliance (BSA)
Tom Roche, Senior Consultant, FM Global
13:45 Meeting consumer demand for same-day delivery
- How is this changing the landscape for industrial?
- Can we predict the next trend?
James Child, Retail & Industrial Analyst, EG
Philip O’Callaghan, Managing Director UK & Ireland, Mountpark
Charlie Pool, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Stowga
Ben Taylor, Head of Planning, Barton Willmore
Ben Nowlan, Chief Revenue Officer , On the dot
14:15 4 months to go: the impact of Brexit on the sector
- Reality vs myth
- What are businesses doing to prepare?
Iain Thomson, Associate Director, Partnerships & Communications, Harworth Group
15:00 Close and drinks reception