08:00 Registration and networking
08:55 Chair’s opening remarks
Damian Wild, Editor, EG
09:00 Keynote Presentation: London’s Housing Plan
• The 5 priorities of the Mayor’s draft London Housing Strategy
• Plan to tackle the residential crisis
James Murray, Deputy Mayor-Housing and Residential Development, Greater London Authority
09:20 Keynote Presentation – Looking at London residential differently
John Mulryan, Managing Director, Ballymore Group
09:40 Presentation: Market Overview
• The future of London residential: Is the housing market that bad?
• Residential outlook: six trends for 2018
• Investment opportunities in regional residential, build to rent and for cash buyers
Lawrence Bowles, Research Analyst, Savills
Katy Warrick, Head of London Residential Research, Savills
10:00 Panel: How lessons from Crossrail can improve future delivery?
• Capturing land value
• Realisation of planning gain from new development, which is an indirect benefit provided to landowners
• Lessons for Crossrail 2
William Jackson, Consultant, Crossrail 2
10:20 Refreshment break
10:40 Collaborators Q&A: What does the public want from the residential developers?
• Questions from the public which will be filmed beforehand and put forward to the panel
Jennie Daly, UK Director of Planning, Taylor Wimpey
Emma Cariaga, Project Director, Canada Water
Finn Williams, Co-Founder and Chief Executive, Public Practice
Killian Hurley, Chief Executive, Mount Anvil
11.25 Panel Discussion: Residential Landscape - transferable lessons from other countries
• Lessons derived from other countries that can be key driving forces for both policy and practice
Dr. Ed Turner, Senior Lecturer-Politics, Aston University
Stephanie Barbabosa, Head-build to rent, Lendlease
Michela Hancock, Senior Director-Development, Greystar Europe Holdings
Jonathan Clarke, Principal & Global Sector Leader, Woods Bagot
12.10 Collaborators Panel: An honest conversation about affordable housing
• Social Housing Green Paper
• How can council housing be reallocated if affordability threshold is crossed?
Dr. Janice Morphet, Visiting Professor, University College London
Claire Kober, Leader of the Council & Labour Member for Seven Sisters, London Borough of Haringey
Anita Rivera, Head of Planning, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Jo Davis, National Head of Planning, GVA
13:55 Panel: Applying lessons from other sectors to BTR
• BTR: so much more than a roof over your head
• Branding BTR
• Key takeaways from student housing, hotels, and more
John Badman, Director, CallisonRTKL
Angus Dodd, Chief Executive, Quintain
Jonathan Ivory, Managing Director, Atlas Residential
Mark Bladon, Co-head of origination- Structured property finance , Investec
14:40 Panel: Is there a design solution to London’s housing crisis?
• A new generation of ultra-basic “naked” homes
• Modular micro-homes
• Pre-fabricated and offsite manufactured homes
• Modern methods of construction
Cany Ash, Partner, Ash Sakula Architects
Glenn Howells, Director, Glenn Howell Architects
Ian Fletcher, Director, BPF
Jo McCafferty, Director, Levitt Bernstein
15:20 Panel: What will the London residential landscape look like in 5 years’ time?
• What do investors want to see?
• Where is the residential land going to come from?
• Use of robots and VR
Andrew Boyd, Partner-Residential Investment & Development, Allsop
Anna Clarke, Associate Director, RSM
Nick Cuff, Land Director, Pocket Living
16:00 Close and drinks reception