Estates Gazette asked 11 experts from the residential market to give their rapid fire solutions to the housing crisis.
Ranging from encouraging more tenures to bringing in inventor and entrepreneur Elon Musk, the suggestions show that while the government has made housing a top priority, it has a long way to go.
The question was asked at Estate Gazette’s exclusive round table hosted by Sir Bob Kerslake.
The speakers in order are:
- Lucian Cook, director of residential research, Savills
- David Thomas, chief executive, Barratt Developments
- Lord Bob Kerslake, chairman, Peabody
- Sir Edward Lister, chairman, HCA
- Geeta Nanda, chief executive, Thames Valley Housing Association
- Hoong Wey Woon, partner, KPMG
- Ian Fletcher, policy director, BPF
- Elliot Lipton, managing director, First Base
- Alex Notay, director of Places for People
- Elizabeth Deyong, head of commercial property, Barr Ellison
- John Gooding, chief executive Dolphin Living