Additional Privacy Information for certain EG services
This additional notice explains how some of our products, services or apps allow our customers to look-up information about individuals:
- Radius (the “EG Services”).
The EG Services contain:
- Directory information about business contacts at companies within the real estate sector (name, organization, title, contact details, developments for which that person is the main contact);
- Information about individuals who have submitted planning applications (name and details of planning application).
Information about planning applications is obtained from local authority planning departments (which make this information publicly available); we use a third party to license this data for us.
Information about business contacts at real estate companies is obtained:
- From those companies themselves when they send us a press release or a deal-sheet;
- From their websites;
- From the media;
- From suppliers of business contact databases.
How We Use Your Information
We include personal information in the EG Services, so that organisations who want to do business with real estate companies can make contact with the relevant person to discuss opportunities.
Sharing of your Information
If your information is included in the EG Services, then this will be available to subscribers of the EG Services. These are primarily organisations in the real estate sectors, or other businesses who want to do business with such companies, anywhere in the world.
Where personal information is transferred from the European Economic Area or Switzerland to a country that has not received an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we rely on adequate safeguards, such as the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses or the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks, to transfer the data.
We also disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues;
- protect the rights, property or safety of Reed Business Information, our users, employees and others;
- or as part of a corporate transaction, such as a transfer of assets to or an acquisition by or merger with another company.
We keep information of individuals associated with planning applications for 5 years. We keep business contact information for as long as you have a relevant role in a real estate company; we undertake checks every 5 years to ensure that our data are accurate and up to date.
Grounds for Processing
Where your personal information is included in EG Services, we process your personal information for our licensees’ legitimate business purposes, which are to access up-to-date information about business contacts within the real estate industry and people who are making planning applications so they can reach out about business opportunities.
You have the right to request free of charge:
- access to and correction or deletion of other personal information about you that we hold;
- that we cease using your personal information;
- a copy or portability of your personal information;
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please contact us at the address set out below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
We will update this notice from time to time. Any changes will be posted on this page with an updated revision date. If we make any material changes, we will provide notice through the Service or by other means.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this notice or our processing of your information, please contact: Data Protection Officer, Reed Business Information Limited, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5AS, United Kingdom, firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information but you always have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Last updated: May, 2018