Commuted payments and the PRS sector have failed to make up the shortfall in social housing starts in London since 2011, according to EG’s London Residential Market Analysis (LOREMA) report.
- 36% - affordable starts compared to private from 2012-16
- 44,000 shortfall in social starts compared to 74% average between 2004-11
- £1,058,745,588 generated in S106 contributions 2012-16
- 14,600: the average number of affordable homes that could be built from this
- £3,193,117,500: the amount needed to build 44,000 homes
- £2.1bn: the shortfall in S106 payments
- 16,894: the shortfall in social